Re: Finally recovering from Carlisle

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 21:58:37 EDT

At 11:58 PM 7/18/01 +0000, you wrote:
> -- SNIP --
> Another helpful hint... If we want to do this, we should start
>early. As many people have noticed, hotel rooms near Carlisle get a
>bit pricey around show time. The trick is to reserve way in advance
>before they know the show dates. :-) I paid $35-40 per night for
>two people in a room with two double beds at Dillsburg. I reserved
>in August of 2000. :-) --SNIP-- -Jon-

Jon

Dillsburg is aok with me. Do you have the dates for ACN 2002? I think
that I'll reserve that early as well.

BTW, I was just talking with Jim on the phone tonight and he said
(amongst other things) that the DML got some money for participation.
Really glad to hear that. He also got stopped by the PA State Patrol
for speeding on the way back but was let off with a warning ticket (souvenir)
when he convinced the cop that he was a Canadian and not an
American living in Canada :-)

ALSO, congrats to the new owner of a '70 440 Cuda !!!

Bob