off road in Northern California

From: J. Courtenay Brandon (jcbrandon@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 02:12:44 EDT

Hey there, 4x4 drivers-

Anybody interested in exploring a few trails in the
Sierra Nevada? A day at Hollister Hills? Got a
favorite trail you'd like to share?

Wanna get together?

Here's my story: I like exploring the backroads and
trails, learning the history of California, getting
away from the city. I don't bash my Dakota 'cause it's
my only vehicle. I sometimes go out on Cal4 Wheel club
runs -- and surprise the Jeep guys -- but I don't like
sitting in a line of 100 vehicles to tackle a single
creek crossing. I'd rather go out with a small handful
of like-minded enthusiasts.

I take the Tread Lightly credo seriously. When I go
off-pavement my goals are to challenge myself and
learn new skills while avoiding barking tires or
scratching the paint. I respect trail closure signs
and private property. I don't drink alcohol while
driving. I like having a cold beer or a whiskey and a
cigar around the fire. I haul out other people's
trash.

So, I reckon there might be a few folks on the list
with a similar perspective on the outdoors in general
and off-roading in particular. If you're interested
give me a shout back, either on the list or in
private. I'd be interested in hearing what you'd like
to do and where you'd like to go. If there's some
interest, we'll plan a trip before summer's over.

cheers,

=====
-J.

J. Courtenay Brandon
Treat others as you would like to be treated.