RE: Need Help!

From: Nelson Colwell (nelson@neltec.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 15:29:14 EDT

Anthony,

        If you're going to go with an M1 and 2.02 heads.. definately get the 52MM.
If I could go back a few months and buy my TB over again, thats what i would
do. Invest the money and get a K&N Gen II kit before the throttle body.
Definetly go with the K&N, as it includes a heat shield and makes sure that
only cold air from outside enters the intake, rather than hot engine
compartment air. The reason you only noticed a 2HP increase by removing the
intake is that the stock TB is acting as the restriction. Once you install a
better TB, the intake system will become more of a restriction.

I think the plugs wires help a little, but the difference isn't noticeable
terribly noticiable. I did notice a SLIGHT increase in fuel economy when i
changed the plugs to the 3923's and did the wires and cap and rotor. IAT
adjuster...... well, i'm still waiting for mine that i ordered a long time
ago.

Jet chip.... hrmmm.. personally i prefer the Mopar performance PCM, but
having a 2001, you don't have that option. Im wondering if you can have a
custom flash of your stock PCM to give you some of the same attributes of
the MP unit. I believe KRC performance does some flash work, i would check
with them. The R/T Exhaust is pretty free flowing, but you can do better.
The best bang for the buck would be to get headers and a Y pipe, connected
to a highflow 3" cat then to a 3" in/out muffer. IMHO, the dual exhuast is
only for looks, as a single 3" will flow more than a dual 2.5". I highly
recommend the spintech mufflers. I have one and it sounds cool (Sound clips:
http://www.rtdakota.com/exhaust.html)

I hope this helps.

- Nelson C.
Fairfax, VA