Wholesale Guns & Rudeness M39 B barrel

From: James Brown (f1jim@onebox.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 18:44:46 EDT

Got a "like new" B barrel MN39 from Wholsesale Guns & Ammo the other
 day. Received a nice rifle but had a nasty stock crack at the wrist
 area that looks like grain separation. I have seen this on other M39's
 so I know it's a common problem. Called WG&A and got a very rude salesperson
 that insisted it was UPS damage and insisted I send it back and wait
 while they filed the UPS claim. I explained it didn't look like UPS
 damage, that the box came completely intact and that the crack looked
 like it happened at a stress point. Got a lecture for my comments and
 no indication of when I could get some resolving of my issue except
the
 salesman said "it could take awhile."
 I mentioned that I would be reporting how it was handled to the C&R
group
 and he sounded like he couldn't care less. Next call was to my credit
 card co. and they said when it appears on my statement to dispute it
 if they haven't sent a replacement.
 Pretty bummed about it as I really wanted to shoot it this weekend in
 a match. Guess time will tell.
 f1jim

--
James Brown