Re: Re: Need Help!

From: Anthony_Gonatas@ars.aon.com
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 09:59:18 EDT

Another quick question :) Has anyone tried any of these brands? Can exhaust
parts for the 2000 bolt right up to the 2001's? By replacing my existing Y-pipe
with a JBA Y-Pipe, wouldn't that take away my pre cats? I know I'll need some
kat-box's from speedtweaks to fool the PCM. Does Mopar sell headers for the
2001's? Or can the 2000's work?

MOPAR HEADERS
GIBSON HEADERS
JBA HEADERS (Y-PIPES AVAILABLE SEPARATELY)
TFX HEADERS
EDELBROCK HEADERS
HOOKER HEADERS
FLOWTECH HEADERS

Back in 2000, what gave the R/T 5hp 10tq more than the rest of the 5.9L line up?
Shouldn't the R/T at least have more power with the help of the free flowing
exhaust system Vs the quite system found on a current QC or RAM? Do they not
have the extra pre cats like the 2001 R/T's have?

I've been thinking, I bought the extended warranty for my R/T for around $1500
give or take. I read that I could sell back the warranty at no loss, now having
the speed bug and wanting to mod my truck, do you think a dealer would give me
mopar parts Vs buying back my 90k 6yr warranty? Any suggestions? What Mopar
parts could I buy with $1500 for a 2001 R/T?

Thanks, again for all the reply's
Anthony