RE: DML : Hesitation between 45 and 50 mph...

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 23:57:28 EDT

Sounds like torque converter.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD

From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Michael & Jeannine
Reynolds
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 5:02 AM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: DML : Hesitation between 45 and 50 mph...

Hello everyone:

I have a '98 Dakota CC 4X4 with a 318. So far I have performed the
following mods: 180 t-stat, JBA headers, K&N FIPK, Mopar Performance wires,
Autolite 3923's, JET II chip. Generally the truck runs fine, and I can't
even try to make it ping on 87 octane fuel. However, a few months ago, I
started noticing a slight hesitation or "bucking" between 45 and 50 mph in
OD. The engine RPM's are about 1600 (I have the 3.55 LS and 31" Goodyears).
The hesitation is more noticable with the A/C on and going up a hill. If the
transmission downshifts out of OD or I give it a bit more than light
throttle, the truck responds fine. It tapers off completely above 60 mph. A
few weeks ago, I had my TB cleaned and the computer was reset. This
condition disappeared for about 100 miles or so, and has come back. It also
did this before I installed the JET II chip. This condition feels alot like
what Bernd mentioned when he described indexing the distributor. Any ideas
of what might be wrong and how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

Michael Reynolds
'98 Dakota 4X4 CC Flame Red
318, 3.55 LS, 31" Goodyears,
JBA headers, K&N FIPK, JET II,