RE: Help with ABS Problem

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 00:04:09 EDT

.....or the speed sensor

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD

From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Tony Brummett
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 1:17 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: DML: Help with ABS Problem

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 03:06:04PM -0400, Bob Tom wrote:
> At 12:51 PM 7/20/01 -0400, you wrote:

Yesterday
> >on my way home from work I was making a left hand turn and had to apply
the
> >brakes a little harder than normal (not enough to lock up the rear or
> >anything), but while doing this the ABS light and parking brake light
came
> >on. Since then they have stayed on. -- SNIP --
>
> Two things (that I can recall) that have appeared on the list about this.
> Check the brake fuse is one and the other was a faulty vehicle speed
sensor.

That reminds me... a couple of days ago I posted the ABS question about
my '99 with 4 wheel ABS. From reading the archives some more, I found out
that the speedometer is driven off of the rear wheel speed sensor.

In my original post, I hadn't mentioned that occasionally my speedometer
will start moving on its own when I'm sitting at a stoplight, wavering
randomly between 0 and 40mph. As soon as I start moving, it returns to
acting normal. This dosen't happen nearly as often as the ABS idiot lights
coming on - less than once a week for the speedometer, once a day for the
ABS
light.

I guess I have somewhere to start looking for bad connections.

-- Tony tony@blight.com