Jay's 4.7L, Dynoed

From: Jayson Woodruff (woodrufj@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 19:25:52 EDT

I finally got down to the Dyno.

4.7L Auto 2wd, equipped with all those California Cats, rated at 230hp
stock.

Horse Power mods: Po' Boy K&N intake, Gibson/flowmaster hybrid exaust,
Jet stage II chip.

Here's the website where I posted my 2nd through 4th runs

http://www.geocities.com/woodrufj/dakota/dyno_page.html

What this doesn't show is my first run. It looked very similar to the
others, but had a cute little spike at the peak that topped my run to
201hp. But I didn't get that graph from them. More realistic graphs
put me at about 193hp at the wheels. If I back out the auto tranny
losses (20-25%) I get 241 to 257 hp. Not too shabby. Torque maxed out
at the wheels at about 250ft-lbs, which puts it at 312 to 333ft-lbs.

You guys that have dynoed the 4.7 auto, what gear did you run in? I put
it in second and gassed it but if I started below 3500rpms the tranny
would down shift. I new in "D" it'd down shift all over the place.
Starting at 3500rpms meant I started after my peak torque, so I don't
really have a good peak torque out of all this.

Jay W