v6 to v8

From: Ctap64@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 13:23:03 EDT

i have an 87 dakota 4x4 with the 3.9 and 535 5 speed engine has 60000 mi on=20
it and i just replaces both head gaskets because one was blown. after that m=
y=20
trucks seems to have much less power and i cant figure out why. (checked ove=
r=20
everything again) and it also will blow out a little blue smoke when i pull=20
out so i adjusted the valves again with still no luck. i was wondering how=20
hard it would be to put a 318 or 360 in it, i dont have to worry about=20
emissions so that makes me wan to do it all the more. i can get a used one=20
for $150. i know you have to have an electric fan but how will the motor=20
mounts change. also will it bolt up to my belhousing, and will the tranny be=
=20
able to handle the extra power. also i know the oil pan changes but how and=20
what parts will i need. what would i be better off with a 318 or 360? any=20
help would be greatly appreciated.=20
thanks,=20
chris =A0