Re: v6 to v8

From: Dan Burrows (vantage@adams.net)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 16:36:55 EDT

    You could add some performance parts, I think yours is carborated (prolly
needs adjustment) I think in 87 they used something like a 283 cfm holley. You
might try a better carborator. Check the plugs in whires, distibter cap, the
pickup, check the timing, make certain that it is getting enough air, and check
the vac lines. I just bought a 87 long bed and I put all new egnition parts on it,
set the timing, etc... Now that thing runs lile a raped ape. I think it has 58
thousand on it. Heya get this, the person the owned my 87 before me put the
thermostat on upside down, (so this is why it get so hot), lol.