Re: RE: Re: A/F & Exhaust Gas Temp Monitor???

From: chris@slowcar.net
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 13:26:16 EDT

   If you go aftermarket EFI go SpeedPro with a wideband setup. We went with
an E6K to save about 800 bucks and I curse myself constantly (SpeedPro with
wideband is 1800-2000). This integrates the wideband functionality, and allows
you to actually use it as the closed loop monitor. You have to set up the spark
tables still, but the fuel you just need to get close enough to start, then just
remember the "L" key - as you drive around have someone hit that and it will
overlay the correction to your VE tables so your actual AFR equals
the desired AFR you have entered (for whatever the MAP and RPM conditions
are). Makes perfect tuning taking about 1 hour on the street vs. 15+ pulls
on the dyno +20+ hrs on the street.

    The other wideband should be accurate - it uses the NTK 5 wire ion-pump
type sensor (same as speed pro - actually 7 wire with the cal. resistor). According
to the literature they sent me +-0.1 AFR from 8:1 to 17:1 - I can handle that :)

Chris Bennight
http://www.slowcar.net