Re: RE: Engine cranks but not fire on 1999 5.2l PIA

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 15:18:51 EDT

Sounds impossible but I had a similar thing happen to me, and it ended up being the battery! It would start, but run very rough, and sometimes die altogether when it was idling. What it ended up being was a cracked cell plate inside the battery that wouldn't manifest itself until the vibration of the motor caused it to jar around. I finally had a sears tech verify it when he ran a battery test on it and found the truck was only running off the alternator.

Doesn't hurt to check out.

good luck,
-Austin
Vipertruck