Re: Engine cranks but not fire on 1999 5.2l PIA

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 20:11:15 EDT

I had this problem with a 80 model Mercury I used to have and it was true but it
also had a bad module causing the problem. the battery could be weak but able to
still crank the engine for over a minute. a new ign module fixed the problem. No
on my 99 R/T, when the factory battery developed a bad cell and dropped to 10
volts the starter barely turned the engine but the truck still started if it would
turn over at all. So that may be right but there may be another problem causing
the problem too.