Re: RE: RE: Engine cranks but not fire on 1999 5.2l PIA

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 00:29:14 EDT

Hey, I missed the entire post, but here's a situation that happened to me.

With a snap on scanner and a 94-96 dakota v6, we were able to initialize a
coil pulse where the coil will fire on a sequence to kinda eliminate the
(primary??) side of the ignition. So.....

It left us with the cap/rotor part of the ignition and whoola, inside our
distributors is what's called a hall-effect sensor. It gives reference to
something. Probably the rotor position inside the cap so since the signal
couldn't be detected, the computer never told the coil to fire and no spark.

so. i believe it was 35 bucks later at napa, 2 phillips screws, a couple
basic snap on connectors,....
got the sensor replaced and VROOM.!!!

sorry if I missed details, but just sharing my experience on no fire/no
start situations.
-Chuong

<<

I've read of around 9 volts on other ecm systems. The only thing definitive
on our pcms that I've read so far is that the asd relay will shut off the
fuel/ignition
systems if the pcm does not detect a crankshaft sensor signal within 3
seconds
of cranking.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG