RE: Orbital polisher

From: My Mail (mymail@fcmi.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 10:10:15 EDT

Kevin,

First thing you should consider is the Porter Cable Orbital polisher. It is
a high quality machine and it has the power to deliver professional results.
It is also less bulky than most of the consumer oriented buffers and
features a 6 inch pad that is easy to work around most areas of the truck.

The next step is to evaluate your paint. If it is dirty, has scratches or
surface blemishes you need to clean it. I recommend Meguiars #2 Fine Cut
Cleaner or #3 Medium Cut Cleaner for more difficult blemishes.

Once the surface is clean use Meguiars #9 Polish/Swirl Remover. It is a
combination product that provides light cleaning and the polish nourishes
the paint.

Follow up with a final application of Meguiars Gold Class Wax.

If you do this correctly, nothing will provide a better shine...not even
Zainos! Also note, without the proper surface preparation, even when
applying a product like Zainos, you will just be applying polish over
scratches and blemishes and you will never achieve the results that a
professional machine buffing can deliver. I don't want anyone to take my
comments in the wrong way as I believe Zainos is a fine polish however I
would never apply it unless my surface had already been prepped to be clean
and blemish free. All this takes time to do right but for me the results are
worth it. You should be able to find most of these products at pep boys or
your local Napa store.

Regards,

Craig

Can anyone recommend a polish/cleaner/wax whatever which is specifically
designed to be used with one of these so I can make the most out of this toy
:-) ?

--
Kevin
99 Solar Yellow Magnum S/T