Head work and red spark plugs?

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 23:45:50 EDT

I'm doing a home porting job on my heads and I wanted some input on how much
material is safe to take off the valve guides? The exhaust I smoothed out
without losing too much material to support the valves, but on the intake it
protrudes quite a bit into the bowl. I wanted to know how much can I cut this
down before the valve isn't properly supported?
Also, I took a look at my spark plugs and the electrode is red? I don't know
what to make of it.....detonation, overheating? I couldn't find any info on
it. Anyone know?

-Austin
Vipertruck