Re: how to diagnose a prob ?

From: glogg@en.com
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 01:56:55 EDT

John,

         I know the feeling about the dealerships in NE Ohio. There might
be two you may want to try if you haven't been to them already. Everytime I
have been to these places they have been helpful, Village Dodge in
Painesville or Junction in Chardon. Sometimes Spizter Dodge in Mayfield
Heights isn't bad depending on who you get. We do need a dakota guru up
here in Ohio though. I hope you can solve your problem.

At 10:25 PM 7/26/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Well I have had a couple of suggestions as to how to diagnose my problem of
>being underpowered after the new cam install.
>Some guys say go to a dealership or mechanic with a DRB 3 scanner,others say
>go to the dyno place and see what they say.
>I really wish that one of you Dak Gurus lived in Cleveland.
>I guess I'm gonna try swapping out the MSD coil for the factory one and see
>what happens, then I'll move on to the MSD ignition.
>I have no faith that a dealership will have anyone knowledgable enough to
>deal with the situation (at least not here in the cleveland area)
>
>John S
>
>95 cc 318 auto, transgo shift kit, HE stage II TB and intake, HE 1418 cam,
>1.6 Roller rockers, MSD digi6+, MSD HVC coil & 8.5 wires, Hp cap + rotor, MP
>PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat), 180 stat,
>autolite 3923's, progear DR timing chain, auburn LSD, 4.10 gears, superior
>axles, K&N X-stream filter system, MP valve covers

-Matt Grose
South Euclid, OH
97 RC 4x4 Sport 3.9L V6
DML Profile: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Gv2394THi1OPQ/