A/C drain tube/ positive dealer experience

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 02:57:00 EDT

Well, today after my truck was parked on an incline it had water in the
passenger floorboard again, so I ran it by the dealer and found the service
manager, Jason. He delt with me the last time this happened and was very
cool about it. So I let him take a look(it was 6:55 pm) and he says- Well,
we figured out what the problem was when we were working on somebody elses
truck. It's the A/C drain. Apparently when parked up an incline, the rain
water makes it's way into the drain hole and into the box inside the cab,
eventually ending up in the floor. He tells me that they have a revised A/C
drain tube extension, which will keep the water out. So I'm like- Great! He
says- well, you'd have to leave it with me because we shutdown at 7:00, but
I'll have somebody stick it o in the morning for you. He was showing me
where it is under my hood and then he looks at me and says hey, you do a lot
of work/tinkering on this thing yourself, why don't I just give you the part
and you can do it? I said "ABSOLUTELY!" So, he ran in and got me a tube from
parts and handed it to me. He said this'll save me from writing it up, you
being without a truck, and all kinds of stuff. He said if you can't figure
it out,or you break something, just bring it back over here and I'll make it
right. How cool! So, I went out tonight after the truck cooled off and
installed my new A/C drain tube. I installed it in such a way that the water
runs down the bellhousing of my tranny now, rather than on my exhaust.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html