Re: Cruise control

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 23:31:59 EDT

Check to make sure your brake lights are both working. Not the 3rd one just the ones on each side. if a bulb burns out the cruise will not engage. If not that check the throttle cable from the servo to make sure it has not become disconnected from the throttle arm. Also
check the vacuum lint to the servo. On my 99 the servo is located on the passenger side firewall area next to the black A/C accumulator and the small vacuum line it connected to a "T" just to the right of the servo and the vacuum line runs along the top of the firewall area.
This is all under the hood. These are the first things I would check and I used to service these things for years and have installed many aftermarket units also..