re: On Board Air

From: J. Courtenay Brandon (jcbrandon@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 11:02:56 EDT

Dave Kilian asked:

"anybody running an OBA setup on their daks?..."

I've got a QuickAirII hard-mounted in a toolbox in the
bed. One of the most useful things I've spent money
on. I only use it for airing up; no need for air
tools. QuickAir offers a 2.5 gallon air tank and says
not to use a tank larger than five gallons. With the
2.5 gallon tank, airing up four tires actually takes
longer than without the tank. Without a tank it takes
about five minutes per tire to air up my 31s from
15psi to 40psi. And I can do it without the engine
running. I usually spend that time putting my recovery
gear away and checking the truck for damage before
driving home.

Another great tool is the Trailhead Deflators from
Oasis:
http://www.oasis-off-road.com/page2.html
Just thread those dudes on the valve stems and relax.
No more squatting down by each tire with a gauge for
several minutes.

-J.