camper shells

From: Bruce B (bruce@coldmourning.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 12:24:44 EDT

Hey guy's,

Let's talk about hard covers and shells. The adviser at the dealership
warned me that some DAK owners have complained about bad noises coming from
the rear end when you add a shell. He said it's creates a condition where
the harmonics from the rear end resonate through the cab "CC" at speeds
around 50-60 MPH.

Anyone experience this???

Also looking to hear first had 2 things

1. How did a cab height shell effect gas mileage? And power "4.7L"
2.How much does a cover help mileage?

I hull music gear so I need security and if I can get better mileage out of
the deal too I might as well go for it. But I think cover will not be tall
enough for my needs.