cleaned TB now have check engine light, HELP!?

From: Geoffrey Hackbart (rt_killer98@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 16:08:49 EDT

Hey all,
Well, this saturday I was over at a fellow dak owner's
place and we were cleaning up our engines and such. We
both took of our TBs and cleaned them and the sensors
and put them back on.

Now, when I started up pmy truck, it wouldn't start
the first time. Then I tried starting it up again and
just pumped the gas a few times and it started up, but
very roughly. Then my check engine light came on. I
tried resetting the computer at least 4 different
times, but no luck.

I went out this morning and took everything back apart
and checked everything over to make sure it was all
connected. Started it up, and it started, but the
check engine light still was on.

What are the sensors on the TB for? I'm guessing one
of the is the throttle positioning sensor(on the side
of the Tb, but what are the other two? Whould these
screw it up and cause the check engine light to come
on? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

=====
Later,
Geoffrey (The R/T Killer)
~~~98 DAK CC SLT 3.9L V6 Metallic Red~~~
~Hotchkis Performance 2/3 suspension kit~
~1979 Harley Davidson Custom Electra Glide~
www.geocities.com/rt_killer98
ICQ# 62723274