Re: cleaned TB now have check engine light, HELP!?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 22:52:13 EDT

At 06:03 PM 7/30/01 -0700, you wrote:
>How can you tell if the IAC is broken? Yes, I did remove the sensors,
>as well as, the TB.

I don't think that you can tell visually. You can try the following test:

1. Disconnect the electrical harness to the IAC while the engine is idling.
     Check to see that the rpm drops.

2. Connect the IAC connector and check to see that engine rpm resumes
     its original speed.

Disconnecting the harness causes a change in engine rpm when the engine is
cold.
However, when the engine is warm, it causes a smaller change, or almost no
change
at all.

>It started right up this morning when I went out to work on it, but I did
>pump the gas
>a few times, too. I will see how it is when I go downtown tonight. I
>just hope that it
>doesn't completely screw my truck up.

You should not have to pump the gas on a correctly functioning efi
system. Will it
start up normally without the pumping?

Bob