Re: Check Engine Light = Engine Too Cold For Too Long

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 18:52:45 EDT

What codes are coming up? Is there a simple key off/on check engine light
blinking code procedure for you 4.7L guys? Just knowing the code isn't always
the answer as some of us have seen. Too bad you don't have a scan tool - if
you did, you could read all the sensor readings at the time of the check engine
light as the PCM stores them. A big help.

Keep the info coming and I'm sure you'll get some more responses.

Anybody know if the later models are still using the JTEC PCM design? If so -
unless they changed the code alot - I very seriously doubt that "Engine too
cold for too long" was the cause of the CE light.

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI TB Pulleys RTcam MPComp HVoilpump DynaGearDoubleRoller
WindageTray CompTAs