Re: Re: Check Engine Light = Engine Too Cold For Too Long

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 18:02:37 EDT

| Sounds like your truck is doing ok after the problem.

I've had the light for more than 10,000 miles. It goes away after a
certain number of key turns and always comes back. Doesn't seem to effect
performance. Sometimes my gauge runs low for a long time. But not always.
So I guess the Robertshaw could be sticking open.... Just not sure.

I probably won't deal with it till it comes time to smog or trade in.

Even among some mod friendly mechanics the Jet Chip has a really really
poor reputation. It just doesn't work well in the traditional magnum
motors. But for us with 4.7's it seems to give some cheap bang for the
buck.

Good luck, I'd love to understand this issue further.

-STE