Re: Transmission fluid change

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 16:37:20 EDT

At 04:00 PM 8/1/01 -0400, you wrote:
>On monday at work(Newark Chrysler-Jeep) a co-worker changed
>my complete transmission with fresh fluid. They used a power flush
>and fluid exchange system from BG. and man what a diffrence.
>My truck used to be so slugish and seemed to always be searching
>for the right gear. now it rides so smooth and shifts like a new truck.
>--SNIP-- If anyone has had it done before let me know how it
>turned out.

I had mine done this spring when I had a high stall converter put in.
I switched from ATF+3 to Amsoil ATF+4 at the same time.

I've had the same experience as you have. At part throttle, shifts are
more responsive. At WOT at the track, it did not eliminate my
manual 1-2 upshift problem but I can now launch in 2nd and lift
about 1/2" to immediately get the 1-2 shift. The manual 2-3
shift is no problem at any rpm.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG