RE: Towing?

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 08:07:22 EDT

Good Morning Gene!

Congrats on the payoff!!! Woohoo!!! I have not towed with my '01 CC yet, but
I will be come February. The trailer I will be pulling is around 5,300 lbs.
You will need a load-leveling Class III hitch, I was quoted around $170. The
Dak's with the 4.7L can pull this weight without trying, whether you have an
auto or man tranny.

The '01 brochure shows the QC capacities are 6,300/6,050 for the 4X2/4X4
respectively. You must subtract the difference for options on the truck,
weight of hitch, difference of driver from 150 lbs., additional passengers,
cargo. You should be fine with that trailer!

Sounds like your "toy" is fun! Where do you race it?

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1!
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/DnuuSncssJujU