Re: Stolen Radio

From: Puddlestompa@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 14:55:42 EDT

In a message dated 8/2/2001 8:28:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
sawcut64@mediaone.net writes:

<< and maybe a detachable face plate for the radio >>

I suggest not, I am sure people will counter this but I garuntee you will
eventually give up on the hassle of removing the face plate, plus what are
you going to do with it after it is off, leave it under the seat (they look)
or take it with you and be forced to carry a sunglass case size thing
everywhere you go, and probably loose it somewhere. The other thing is crook
will take the radio anyway, go to the stereo store and steal the face off the
wall. I had a friend whose faceless stereo was stolen, who knows if the
crooks got anything from it or just trashed it but they stole it anyway. The
alarm is a good idea, especially with a flashing light, oh and some kind of
slider window lock, there was a few kids that broke into 10-15 trucks with
rear sliders at my college. All successful, never got caught.
My 2 cents

Aaron
Vancouver, Wa
98 2WD 2.5L 4cyl RC