Re: Mopar Nats Meet (Aug 10, 11, 12)

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 15:18:39 EDT

"Mark Kuzia" <flyboy01@mediaone.net> wrote:
: I'm just taking an informal survey Mopar Nats Meet, I will be there on
: Saturday (Aug 11) and was wondering who will be there and where we can meet
: up.

: Does anyone have an area already established for DML'rs? I may actually stay
: on Sunday also, but that is undecided as of yet.

: I will be staying at the:

: Cross Country Inn - N.E.
: 909 S. State St.
: Westerville, OH. 43081
: 614-890-1244

: HOT TIP> THEY STILL HAVE ROOMS AVAILABLE!
: CHEAP TOO, $38-44 a night.

  You had to go and tell me that, didn't you? I could have caught up
on some projects around the house, blissfully ignorant of the nats,
assuming I couldn't get a room but noooo.... :-) I just got off the
phone and got a room for thursday and friday (I'll head back sat evening).
I guess this means you can count me in.

  I'll add a hot tip of my own: When I called the number, the guy I
talked to had to put me on hold, so he asked if I was calling long distance,
and suggested I call their 1-800 line. Must be the central office or
something. I did that, and the lady there checked and said they had no
rooms available at that location. Just to be on the safe side, I called
the hotel directly again, got the same spiel, but told him I'd be happy
to wait on hold. It took maybe 5-10 minutes, but he finally got back
on, and I had no problem getting a room. ??? Anyway, just as a warning
to anyone else trying to get in here, don't bother with the 1-800 number,
call the hotel directly! (Just be prepared to have an interpreter
standing by...) ;-)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'