Re: New owner intro and questions

From: Signman615@cs.com
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 23:20:43 EDT

netwrxman@earthlink.net writes:

<< Being a racer, I'm not afraid to spend a little extra to get good
 performance, so I'd like some good suggestions from you guys. So far I'm
 quite impressed with the motor, but it definitely pulls quite a bit
 differently than the 5.2L did in the Durango. Can I realistically expect
 another 100hp without mods like a SC?

There are a lot of good mods. for the 4.7L now available, but don't expect to
see another 100hp unless you get the supercharger. The motor is very
efficient straight from the factory and while there is room for some
improvement with normal mods. they aren't netting the gains like they would
on the older magnum engines. I too have the 4X4 CC 4.7 and have the Kenne
Bell Supercharger on it along with a few other things, and have had no
problems with the SC at all, and absolutely love it! Exhaust and a good TB
would be a good starting point and if you think you ever might put the SC on
don't waste your money on a computer flash or air intake system because
that's all included in the SC package. You mentioned that your not afraid to
spend a little extra for good performance, so in my opinion start your
project off right and save for the SC kit. It's the only way your ever going
to squeeze out anywhere near another 100hp. Trust me you won't regret
spending the $4,000. Considering what air intake systems and computer flashes
cost and that they're included in the package the SC is really only running
you about $3,400 or so. Don't waste your money on headers for the 4.7, I got
little if any gains from mine and if the other brands are able to get any
gains at all, it certainly isn't worth the money and time installing them. I
get into it at least once a day, even if it's when no-one else is around,
just to feel it set me back in the seat and take off.

00 Dakota CC Sport 4X4
Kenne Bell Supercharged 4.7L, 5 spd., 3.92 gears w/ anti-slip rear diff.
Magnum Performance TB, Flowmaster muffler w/ 3" pipe exiting stock location
Borla Headers, ect, ect.