Re: RE: Coming To Michigan Next Week...."Cookout & Warren"

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 23:25:21 EDT

On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 11:47:30 -0400, dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com
("David D.") wrote:
>While i'm in Auburn Hills,i'm thinking of finding the Dodge Dakota plant
>where my Dak was built.Maybe after the Meet next Saturday(August
>11th),someone can lead me to it,or drive over with me.

I was one of thirty lucky Dakota R/T owners to get a tour last year of
the Warren plant where all Dakotas are made. DC does not give public
tours of the plant. We were able to get in due to a lot of hard work
by two Dakota R/T Club members who work there. There's not much to
see on the outside, just massive buildings. Inside is something else.
Awesome! Robots welding, parts moving along conveyer belts
everywhere. We had to wear safety gear, because we were right on the
line where things were being put together. We stopped and talked to
some of the line workers. We even gave the lady putting on cab bolts
a hard time about the cab pop problem! LOL! A once in a lifetime
opportunity for me, I'll never forget it.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
14.358 @ 95.75, 337rwhp N/A
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/t/h/therrin/dakota.html