Re: '91 vs '99 Key Locks

From: Ray Sulich (ray.sulich@snet.net)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 21:36:59 EDT

At 07:32 PM 8/5/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Actually, they're not as remote as you might think. People think that
>their key is unique but there are only so many different combinations

Face it. They don't even try ! On my 90 Dodge Van I found that my friends
89 keys would start my van. I asked the dealership and they told me that
there where only 12 different key sets. That means 1 out of 12 vehicles of
the same type as yours has the same keys. They didn't tell me there were
12 sets per model so there my be only 12 sets "fleet wide" for the same
lock tumbler type.
Bye,
Ray

reply to ray.sulich@snet.net
This message written on a computer running `Microsoft Windows'.
A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch
to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit
microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't
stand one bit of competition. Now for Windows XP..