Re: Re: rear disc brakes

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 21:26:24 EDT

My suggestion is to do a little muscle building on your legs. I haven't
driven a vehicle yet that I couldn't lock the wheels on.
The one things some of my friends in the automotive field have also told me
is that converting rear drums to discs will actually give you less braking
power unless you also modify the brake booster. They offered a 4 wheel
stainless disc package (they being "Drivetrain Direct" in CA). They stopped
offering it for rear drum to disc conversions because without a more powerful
booster it actually increased stopping distances.

Can' say I have any personal experiences with a converted system, though.
Just hearsay.

John S

95 cc 318 auto, transgo shift kit, HE stage II TB and intake, HE 1418 cam,
1.6 Roller rockers, MSD digi6+, MSD HVC coil & 8.5 wires, Hp cap + rotor, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat), 180 stat,
autolite 3923's, progear DR timing chain, auburn LSD, 4.10 gears, superior
axles, K&N X-stream filter system, MP valve covers