V6 to V8 Engine Swap - need advice

From: Tom (Silver89) (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 15:47:42 EDT

Hi everyone - - I haven't posted for a while unfortunately. I have been
busier this summer than I would have liked to have been. Its getting
close to the time when snow will be hitting the ground (I know some of
you don't want to hear the S word!) I need my 4x4 up and running before
the weather gets bad. I want to put a 318 into it, but its a gen I
truck. I know that the swap has been done before. I tried contacting
David Stanke who put a 318 into his 1988 2wd, but received no reply.
Miggity Mike had to put his project on hold as well. But those were
all 2wd trucks - this is a 4x4? I wanted to know if that makes any
difference. Basically I need to know exactly what has to be done (not
including the engine swap) with the radiator and an electric fan. This
truck has plow rigging and has the heavy duty cooling set up. (larger
radiator, viscous fan, fan shroud)

Feel free to email me off list if you wish. As you can see - I have
decided to keep both trucks. I was about to scrap one or both of them
and buy a Jeep Wrangler LOL. I love the Wrangler, but I love my Silver
89s more. I will die before they do!

Tom S.

http://www.SaveChrysler.com

http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine

1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x2 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x4 w/snowplow (non-operable)