Re: V6 to V8 Engine Swap - need advice

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 16:14:34 EDT

Tom,
    You may want to specifically track down Shelby Dak engine photos (maybe
there's a club). Again, those are 2WD, but the differences shouldn't be too
large and it would be photos of a completed "swap" as it were. I was just
at a show this weekend where there was a Shelby...no pictures though,
unfortunately.

I think your biggest problem will be keeping the heavy duty cooling. IIRC,
the Shelbys have an electric pusher fan (because a mechanical wouldn't fit
with the longer engine), whereas you have an engine-driven one. You'll
probably want to look at trying to make a dual-fan unit fit; it just might
work on an '88.