Re: Re: Roller Rockers

From: Michael Clark (mike@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 03:36:39 EDT

> I was wanting the 1.7's because your effectively getting a "beefier" cam with
> reduced friction. I know if you were to go with installing a bigger cam that
> gas milleage is reduced. I was just wondering if the reduced friction be enough
> to take up the gas milleage for the drop of milleage from the longer duration.

Ok, feel free to kick me in the nuts if I'm wrong, but 1.7's don't
increase the duration. They increase lift for sure, but I don't see
any way they could increase the duration of a cam. Come to think of
it, I don't see any way to change duration at all without changing the cam.
Am I right or wrong?

--Mike
www.mikesdakota.com