Re: Re: Roller Rockers

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 08:35:10 EDT

    When duration is measured, it's measured from a certain point (i.e. .006
valve lift, .004 tappet lift, .050 tappet lift, etc.) Duration is the number
of degrees it takes for the valve to pass this "mark" while opening and to
pass it again while closing. Because the 1.7's increase lift and ramp speed,
you'll get to the "mark" quicker and stay open longer before it gets back to
the "mark" again. This is the duration increase, though very small, and
insignificant IMHO.

Doug Myers
'99 Dakota RC/SB 5.2L/5-speed/3.92SG (soon to be 360 powered)
K&N Gen II, Hughes Stage 1 Intake, 180 T-stat, MP cam & lifters,
MP Timing Chain, MP headers, MP catback, MP plug wires, Accel Supercoil,
Custom Computer by Ron Zimmer, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch