Re: Re: Roller Rockers

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 07:26:05 EDT

the duration gain (if you're going to even call it a gain) would be the
minute increase in time require for the valve to fully open/close. Since
the valve must travel farther with the 1.7s, it's going to take a hair
longer to open/close.. The cost/hp gain ratio is quite low for RR's, IMHO
one should mod the greasy snot out of the motor before worryin about RRs.
__________________
         Jon Smith
       Raleigh, NC
'95 CC 318 4x4 auto
   344rwhp/424tq

Ok, feel free to kick me in the nuts if I'm wrong, but 1.7's don't
increase the duration. They increase lift for sure, but I don't see
any way they could increase the duration of a cam. Come to think of
it, I don't see any way to change duration at all without changing the cam.
Am I right or wrong?

--Mike
www.mikesdakota.com