Re: PVC air intake's ?

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 14:25:31 EDT

It is a point of minor contention but I think its worthwhile to use ABS
pipe instead of PVC:

(1) It is more temperature resistant.
(2) It is less brittle and less likely to shatter in an accident. The
last thing you want in an accident is for pieces of plastic melting on
you cylinder walls.
(3) Most of the big plastic stuff under your hood is ABS type plastic
anyway.
(4) ABS costs about the same and is found at the same locations where
PVC can be found.
(5) ABS is designed for use in vibration/impact prone environments.

YMMV.

Marty

--
"When men know in their bones that governments are malign, and that
there are no laws