'98 318 computer

From: Robert Parrish (parrishfarm@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 06:03:43 EDT

I have a '98 CC 318 A/T 2WD. Has a K&N drop in and 3 inch cat back
Magnaflow
exhaust. Anyone on this list have ACTUAL experience with Mopar's
performance
computer Part #P5007117? That's the number I got from the dealer. Is it
worth the $399? What does it do besides bump the timing to where it will
need premium fuel?

I bought one a couple of years ago. Felt a slight increase in that the truck
has more grunt on wot launch. The biggest thing I like was it moved the rev
limiter up to 5250 rpm's. $399? It all depends. I would definetly invest in
T.B. and intake tube first if you haven't already done that. And for an
extra $100 or so, maybe looking at a custom flash program were you could set
your own parameters.

Robert Parrish
Richmond,Va.