Re: RE: gap erosion?

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@vitelcom.net)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 06:36:07 EDT

Under most conditions, the msd puts out the same voltage as oem. Any
ignition only makes enough voltage to jump the spark gap; the wider the gap
the higher the voltage required to jump it. However, it does it more
often(multiple sparks) If it puts out 3-4 sparks/rotation I'd expect wear
3-4 times faster. Maybe I should take a look at my cap/rotor soon.
Patrick Delgado