Re: 4.7 fipk

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@flometrics.com)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 17:53:58 EDT

Hey all,
Yep! K&N definitely has a difficult job in getting the stock 4.7 to breath
better with just an air intake. The stock box and hose set-up is well
matched to the stock motor. It is a pretty good system from what Ive seen.
The pre-cats and conservative PCM are also going to make it hard for the 4.7
aftermarket to get running. Ive found that the same things that make hp on
the 5.9 make less hp on the 4.7. I think the motor itself has more
potential to make power, but its going to take a while for the issues to be
dealt with!
Bruce