"inexpensive fuel pressure guages" update

From: Jon (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 11:09:14 EDT

  Just an update... A week or two ago, I posted complaining about the
outrageous prices Autometer wanted for their electric fuel pressure
gauges ($170-200). After further research, I discovered that there
are some Autometer gauges which are more reasonable ($80-85, including
sender). The catch there though is they aren't full sweep, only 180
degrees. That's ok for a general trend, but pretty worthless for
reading a fairly exact psi. (Especially when the gauge is 0-100psi
and the range I will be running in is 21psi). Fortunately, I did
discover that Nordskog(sp?) (Formerly Intellitronix, formerly Cyberdyne)
gauges ARE now available through Summit.) Their electronic fuel pressure
guage is about $40, and its another $40 for the sender. This has a
digital readout, so although it won't match my other gauges, its
easier to get a more precise read on the fuel pressure. (I've been using
the same gauge in my Dakota for the past year or two and am happy with it.)

   Back when I posted about this, I got quite a few responses from folks
in the same situation, so I just wanted to send out an update with
that info... Good luck!

                                              -Jon-

 .---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----.
 | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
 | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly |