Raspy shifter

From: Puddlestompa@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 17:58:26 EDT

About a week ago I installed a new manual hurst shifter and while driving the
truck I noticed a sound which I took for a loose washer rattling, I drove
like that for a while hoping it would stop but it hasn't, assuming I didn't
fully tighten a bolt or something I took the boots off to look, but nothing
was loose, and now driving around without anything covering it, in an effort
to hear it more clearly, it sounds like it is coming from in the shifter, I
have been known to grind my gears (I am not proud of it) and had a pretty
serious grind right after I installed the short throw (thought it was shorter
than it actually is), could this just be teeth rattling around, any
suggestions of problem or things I could do to help this. Thanks

Aaron
Vancouver, Wa
98 2WD 2.5L 4cyl RC
http://www.hometown.aol.com/puddlestompa/mydak.html