Broken bolts in exhaust manifold....

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Sun Aug 19 2001 - 16:23:48 EDT

Ok....

I found on one side of my engine there was a bold missing out of my exaust
manifold... and whne I tried to put one in.. .the hole was already
plugged... upon trying to take other bolts out... I found out that the first
one was broke off and the second one broke whne trying to pull it out..(with
very little strength)

I guess my question is this... since the bold broke approx 2-3mm inside the
hole... how the heck do I get the bolt out? Drill it out and re-thread? And
ideas for getting em out with out all that... and I am going to want to put
some bolts back in that can withstand heat better or whatever... that one
thta broke on me was super weak...

Wes