Re: Is it gonna be Dodge's day??

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 14:40:24 EDT

There was a real good chance that Craven's Yates-built engine could have
blown, too, had the race gone longer. The way I see it, Marlin's been the
strongest Dodge all season and since he finsihed third at the first
Michigan race this year, it's no fluke. It wasn't like where Martin
nearly won, because he hadn't made a pit stop yet and 16 cars in front of
him had come into the pits before the race was stopped for rain. Sterling
changed 4 tires during the last pit stop, restarted eighth and passed
everyone. He held off a pretty good 4duh to win. Had Elliot gotten 4
tires at at that last pit stop, it could have been real interesting!

I was impressed by the fact that NO Dodges went out with mechanical
problems of any kind while a few 4Duhs and a least one Generic Motor
failed. Shoot, even Kyle was decent!

Richard in San Antonio

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 18:25:58 -0400 Andy Levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> writes:
> Sorry, I'm not counting it as Dodge's first win. Lost too many times
> in
> the final laps this year already, this one had a high chance of
> being a
> repeat - just didn't go long enough.
>
> Paul Bullerman wrote:
>
> > Woohoo!!! Lap 141 and Elliott and Marlin are up front. Lets hope
> they
> > can keep it up!!!
> >

> --
> -andy