Re: Gen II Dakota Sport 318 performance

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 12:53:05 EDT

A few things Geoff. First have you checked to see if there are hidden ways
around the emissions law? In Cuyahaoga county OH we also have emissions laws
for cars and light trucks. But here a person can register the truck as a
commercial vehicle and if you purchase the sticker for a 10,000 pound (5 ton)
wieght rating you don't have to take emissions test. I told them IO had done
frame and suspension mods to handles the extra weight and that I would be
towing a large horse trailer so I needed a high weight rating.
If not you are stuck with mods that may not give you any great results. I'm
sure you can get 300hp out of the 5.2 and still pass emissions. However I
would imagine that the emissions standard is the same for all light trucks
including the 1/2 ton ram 360.
I don't ahve any 1/4 mile times or 0-60 times for my 95cc 318 (soon to be
408).

Good Luck

John S

95 cc 5.2 auto, transgo shift kit, 4.10 gears, auburn LSD, superior axles, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat) MSD digi6+
ignition, MSD HVC coil, MSD 8.5 wires, HD cap&rotor, autolite 3923's, K&N
X-stream filter (14x3.5), 180 stat, 1 quart oil filter (relocated), Hughes
stage II TB and intake manifold, Hughes 1814 cam, 1.6 rockers, progear DR
timing chain, MP valve covers, 24# FMS injectors, IAT adjuster