Quick release for a CB?

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 20:56:13 EDT

I bought a CB (Uniden Grant XL) off someone on the list a couple months ago
but have yet to set it up in the Dak. I'm "dry-fitting" it in a few places
to see how it looks/fits, but it always seems to be a little awkward.

The power, mic and antenna connections pop out easily, but how about a
quick-release mount? Easiest thing I can see is to just unscrew the 4
thumbscrews in the mounting bracket, leaving it attached to...whatever I
attach to it. Would a pin through a hole drilled in the mounting bracket
bolts be sufficient? Can't really get my hand between the bracket and
radio to use wing nuts.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com