Rattle in driver-side front

From: Chris (chris-dicamillo@home.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 14:54:50 EDT

Hey all,

I just got back from vacation (drove the truck w/ new intake and got
22-23mpg!).

When I was on a road with a lot of cracks and tar stripes, the front end
would rattle. I noticed it a couple months ago on a couple roads around
here, but really noticed it since I had to listen to it for a couple
hundred miles in Arizona.

It's coming from the driver side front. Let the wife drive and I could
hear it still and could really tell it was coming from the drivers' side. I
can feel it through the steering wheel also. I should also mention that
occasionally, when I turn to the right the front end pops. Usually it's
when I am turning into a parking space and applying the brakes.

Anyone have/had the same problem and what did you or dealership do to fix
it? BTW, I subscribe to the digest (I'm on way too many listservs), so if
you don't mind CC to chris-dicamillo@home.com so I don't have to wait till
the 10pm digest to read responses.

Thanks!
Chris