Re: Another IAT Adjuster Q ?

From: DGB (dgbcms@netnet.net)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 12:00:19 EDT

Just a note to all you 1st-time DIY's in your dilemmas of
wiring, on my 01 QC there is an unused plug on the
passengers side.

There is a trick I've used in the years of wiring things in
vehicles, you can take an awl and poke a hole in the unused
portion of a rubber feed-thru, alongside whatever is feeding
thru it and use that for passage. Of course be careful not
to puncture the wiring harness, or whatever is feeding thru
it, and not to close to the outer edge so the wire rubs
against the metal holding the grommet. If your worried about
leaks from water outside coming in, which rarely happens,
gob some silicone caulk around it.

Regarding wires that are to short, there are a multitude of
crimp-on splice connectors available to assist in
lengthening them. They are available at any hardware or home
center along with wire of comparable size.

have fun ... Dwight in WI
01 QC V-6, now with 6000 mi. and 22 mpg